Water Pollution References
The Water pollution references listed below in this page are different sources that had been referred to compose different water pollution related pages of this website.
When contaminants from various sources get into any water bodies and change its physical, chemical
and biological characteristics by making it harmful to any living species and
unsuitable for desirable use, water pollution occurs.
Water is an
essential element for many living species and its pollution is threatening to
many biological communities and ecosystems. Water pollution has different
causes and different sources. But the major contributor of it is human activities
due to rapid industrialization, unplanned development, massive waste generation
and their unmindful dumping to the water bodies. Also lack of knowledge about the
effect of water pollution and water treatment contribute significantly in
polluting water bodies.
The effect of water pollution is devastating as it is a leading cause of death and diseases worldwide. But not only human, other species and ecosystems also can not scape deadly impact of polluting water.
pollution related pages of this website hopefully will help to gain a basic perspective
of water pollution. More references can be found at the resource page of this website.
Water Pollution References List:
- Water Pollution: Causes, Treatments and Solutions, by Dr. Luxmy Begum, P. Eng., First Edition, October, 2015; http://www.amazon.com/Water-Pollution-Causes-Treatments-Solutions/dp/1514335166
- Water trivia Facts (March 6, 2012).Information obtained on May 1, 2012 from http://water.epa.gov/learn/kids/drinkingwater/water_trivia_facts.cfm.
- Water Contamination Effects. Information obtained on May 10, 2012
- Health. Information obtained on May 10, 2012 from http://www.water-pollution.org.uk/health.html
- Where do waterborne diseases rank in causing human health problems?
Information obtained on May 10, 2012 from https://www.freedrinkingwater.com/water_health/health2/waterborne-disease-cause-human-health-problems-page2.htm
- Walkerton Tragedy (May 6, 2012). Information obtained on May 10,
2012 from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walkerton_Tragedy
disease (May 2, 2012). Information obtained on May 10,
2012 from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minamata_disease
- Eutrophication (May 8, 2012). Information obtained on May 10, 2012
- Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Facts and Figures, reference provided on January 2018 from http://www.unwater.org/water-facts/water-sanitation-and-hygiene
- Water quality facts and statistics. By UNEP, UNWATER AND UNHANITAT. Iinformation obtained on May 16, 2012 from www.unwater.org/wwd10/downloads/WWD2010_Facts_web.pdf.
- Vié, J.-C., Hilton-Taylor, C. and Stuart, S.N.
(eds.) (2009). Wildlife in a Changing World – An Analysis of the 2008 IUCN Red
List of Threatened Species. Gland, Switzerland: IUCN. 180 pp.
- Ricciardi, A. and J.B. Rasmussen. (1999). Extinction Rates of North
American Freshwater Fauna. Conservation Biology, 13(5): 1220–1222.
Additional Water Pollution References